In order to help you more quickly, please fill out the quick form and submit.

Child Support | San Antonio Criminal Lawyer | Bexar County Family Attorney | Law Office of Bill Baskette
110 West Nueva Street | San Antonio, TX 78204



Child Support

Handling Child Support Issues from Our Office in San Antonio

An experienced child support attorney helps preserve your rights

When your children are involved in a divorce, they’re usually the center of many of the issues that come about. Beyond custody or visitation issues, divorced parents often have major concerns regarding the fair amount of monetary support needed to raise a child. At the San Antonio-based Law Office of Bill Baskette, I bring more than 30 years of experience as a lawyer and Texas judge to help you address this concern no matter where you are in the state of Texas.

Child support is often simple but can be complex

In many cases, a family law attorney can do fairly simple calculations in accordance with the Texas Child Support guidelines that have been set down by law. These guidelines clearly outline the calculations for support of one or more children after a divorce based on the incomes of both parents. Of course, not every case is simple and there are occasionally additional factors to be determined. No matter how complex the case may be, though, you can expect me, Bill Baskette, to provide personal support and professional guidance.

Taking care of you and taking care of your children

When you work with me as your lawyer, I meet one-on-one with you and even your children if you’d like. I prepare your documents and review materials for consideration by the court. If the numbers are wrong or don’t work out, I help you challenge your former spouse on the guidelines, and I can request child support modification if your circumstances change. If you want to modify child support arrangements because of a significant change in circumstances, such as the loss of a job or a promotion to a job that pays more, I can help. I can also help if your ex-spouse seeks modifications that you believe are unfair. And if your former spouse refuses to pay, I’m ready and willing to investigate, depose and file court motions to figure out where income, assets and violations are hiding. You don’t have to put yourself or your children at financial risk — the law gives you remedies.

What do I do if I can’t make my payments?

If you’re not getting child support payments from your ex-spouse or if you have been accused of not making your payments, I can help with enforcement issues. If you can’t afford the spousal support or child support disbursement the court ordered, you might face time in jail. As always, I give it to you straight — you can end up in jail if you don’t pay your support! I will act immediately to work with the court before things get worse — just like with probation violators, the court can arrest you if you don’t pay.

Let me help you manage your child support situation

My goal is to move forward and get financial support flowing to meet your children’s needs. Whether it’s initial negotiation of child support or accusations of failure to pay support, this is a serious issue. Call the Law Offices of Bill Baskette for a compassionate initial consultation regarding your case. Contact me today with a free email inquiry about how I can represent you, or call my office at 210.930.1200. My office is downtown, directly across from the Bexar County Courthouse, with plenty of street and lot parking within two blocks. I offer weekend and evening hours by appointment.